You may know The Portland Piper from the early days of the GPFS, but these days things are looking a little different!
Beginning with fall 2020, the GPFS newsletter will move to a fully online edition only which can be printed at home or read online! The Portland Piper will continue to be a benefit available to GPFS Membership. Join the GPFS, and the newsletter will be emailed to you four times annually. Even better, the newsletter will now feature expanded content through the following readership columns:
- Letter from the GPFS President – providing a vision of where the society has been, and where it is headed;
- How You Can Help the GPFS – simple ways members can support the mission of our vibrant flute society through volunteering or gifting;
- GPFS News – highlights of recent society activities and results;
- GPFS Upcoming Activities – what our membership and other flutists and teachers can look forward to next;
- OR and PNW Upcoming Events – direction to other fluting and learning opportunities in our region;
- GPFS Member Feature – an ongoing opportunity to learn about our rich resource of membership talent;
- Teaching and Learning – an educational article focused on the teaching and learning of the flute written mainly by our membership;
- Highlights from the GPFS Lending Library – how to borrow and music reviews to deepen member understanding of our lending library’s repertoire;
- Our Flutist Friends – highlights from the abundant and quality resources available to flutists from around the country and globe;
- Low Flutes - insightful connections to information and resources focused on low flutes;
- We Read – enriching our lives as flutists through the review of literature with a musical focus;
- GPFS Instrument Rental – how membership can rent the alto and bass flutes available from GPFS;
- Index of Advertisers – easy contact links to all vendors supportive of GPFS;
- GPFS Board/Committee Members – easy contact links to GPFS leadership so members and others can ask questions or provide input.