The GPFS annual membership year runs from September 1st through August 31st.
When you sign up, you receive:
- The GPFS Newsletter, The Portland Piper, emailed six times a year;
- Member Discounts or free entry on all GPFS-sponsored Events, including the Flute Academy, Fall Guest Artist, and Flute Fair;
- Teacher Members are listed on our website;
- Free check-out privileges from the GPFS Music Library;
- Rental privileges for the GPFS-owned alto flute and bass flute (at a nominal daily fee);
- Student members have the opportunity to apply for a competitive Study Grant to help fund private lessons, and can access our free Flute Loan Program.
GPFS Membership Options:
- Adult Membership: $25
Student Membership: $15 (full time students are eligible)
Family Membership: $35 (entitles all immediate family members admission to GPFS Events at the GPFS Member rate)
- Adult Membership & 1 Student Membership Donation: $40 ($25 adult membership purchase +$15 donation)
- Patron Membership: $65 (includes two free tickets to the GPFS Event of your choice during the term of the membership, excluding limited enrollment participatory workshops
Teacher Membership can be added to any of the above membership options for an additional $5 per year. Teacher Members will have a link to their website, along with a brief description, added to the GPFS Website. For Members without a website, their listing may include a phone number and/or email address as well as a descriptive paragraph.
Note: Acceptance into Teacher Members is at the discretion of the GPFS Webmaster and Board of Directors. All submissions will be published as is. If not submitted in a suitable format or length, submissions will be returned or edited at the Webmaster’s discretion