The GPFS annual membership year runs from September 1st through August 31st.
When you sign up, you receive:
- The GPFS Newsletter, The Portland Piper, emailed four times a year;
- Member Discounts or free entry on all GPFS-sponsored Events, including the Flute Academy, Fall Guest Artist, and Flute Fair;
- Teacher Members are listed on our website;
- Free check-out privileges from the GPFS Music Library;
- Rental privileges for the GPFS-owned alto flute and bass flute (at a nominal daily fee);
- Student members have the opportunity to apply for a competitive Study Grant to help fund private lessons, and can access our Flute Loan Program.
GPFS Membership Options:
- Adult Membership: $30
Student Membership: $15 (full time students are eligible)
Family Membership: $35 (entitles all immediate family members admission to GPFS Events at the GPFS Member rate)
- Adult Membership & 1 Student Membership Donation: $45 ($30 adult membership purchase +$15 donation)
- Patron Membership: $65 (includes two free tickets to the GPFS Event of your choice during the term of the membership, excluding limited enrollment participatory workshops
- FREE membership for band directors.
- And, FREE membership for flute students of Title 1 schools.
Teacher Membership can be added to any of the above membership options for an additional $5 per year. Teacher Members will have a link to their website, along with a brief description, added to the GPFS Website. For Members without a website, their listing may include a phone number and/or email address as well as a descriptive paragraph.
Note: Acceptance into Teacher Members is at the discretion of the GPFS Webmaster and Board of Directors. All submissions will be published as is. If not submitted in a suitable format or length, submissions will be returned or edited at the Webmaster’s discretion