Please enjoy the Winter, 2021 edition of The Portland Piper, the online publication of the Greater Portland Flute Society, by clicking on the link below. The Fall, 2020 premiere edition of this new publication also remains below.
Note - When in the document, press the control key (ctrl) down to open links in a new window.
You may know The Portland Piper from the early days as the GPFS newsletter, but now it is looking a little different! Now a fully online publication, it features expanded content through the following readership columns:
- Letter from the GPFS President – providing members with a vision of where the GPFS is headed;
- How You Can Help - simple ways members can support the mission of the GPFS by participating, volunteering, and donating sheet music or money;
- GPFS News and Upcoming Activities– highlights of recent society activities, including upcoming events;
- OR and PNW Upcoming Events – direction to other fluting and learning opportunities in our greater region.
- GPFS Member Feature – learn more about our rich membership talent;
- Teaching and Learning – a focus on the teaching and learning of the flute written by our extraordinary membership;
- GPFS Music Lending Library – highlights from our librarian and members about the content of the library, including music reviews;
- Our Flutist Friends – highlights from the abundant, quality resources available from around the country and globe;
- Low Notes - insightful connections to information and resources focused on low flutes;
- We Read – enriching our lives as flutists through literature with a musical focus;
- GPFS Instrument Rental – how membership can rent the alto and bass flutes available from GPFS;
- Index of Commercial Members – easy contact links to all vendors supportive of GPFS;
- GPFS Board/Committee Members – easy contact links to GPFS leadership so members and others can ask questions or provide input.